Individuals preparing to go back to work after an extended time away from work due to an injury or illness may have some concerns about their abilities to perform the job safely and effectively.
Woodbridge Family Practice offers the Physical Work Performance Evaluation (PWPE), a specialised evaluation of a person’s physical ability to perform work activities.
Physiotherapists evaluate each client’s:
- dynamic strength (lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling),
- ability to get into and work in different positions (sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting and stooping),
- mobility (walking, climbing stairs and ladders, and crawling),
- fine-motor coordination, and
- endurance to work a full day.